Pacific University, Forest Grove, OR
Master of Fine Arts, Writing (2014)
- Thesis: “Prairie Fire,” a novel excerpt
- Critical essay: “How to tell a true resistance story: Fiction and History”
University of Delaware, Newark, DE
Master of Arts, History; Museum Studies Certificate Program (2010)
- Thesis: “All in the same boat”: Non-French Women and the French Resistance, 1940-1944
Macalester College, St. Paul, MN
Bachelor of Arts, History; Minors: American Studies, French (2008)
- “Exploring History through Film,” October-November 2011, Center on the Hill (The Presbyterian Church of Chestnut Hill), Philadelphia, PA.
- English Teacher, Guadalupe Alternative Programs, St. Paul, MN (September 2007 to May 2008)
- English Teacher, Annexe Ecole Mixte, Toulouse, France (April 2007)
- Writing Assistant, History Department, Macalester College, St. Paul, MN (Fall 2006; Fall 2007)
- Classroom Assistant, Lincoln Adult Education Center, Minneapolis, MN ( September 2006 to December 2006)
WORKSHOPS AND PRESENTATIONS
- “Social Media, Online Collections Tools and Small Museums,” September 12, 2011, Prince George’s County History Consortium, Laurel, MD.
- “Social Media, Online Collections Tools and Small Museums,” June 25, April 16 and January 29, 2011, Sustaining Things series, Museum Studies Program, University of Delaware, Newark, DE.
- “Museum Careers,” May 5, 2010, Havre de Grace High School, Havre de Grace, MD.
- “Public History: Inside and Outside the Classroom,” April 22, 2009, Macalester College, St. Paul, MN.
- “Mrs. Morgan’s Eggbeater, or the mechanization of the American kitchen,” March 13, 2009, Hagley Museum and Library, Wilmington, DE.
- “Framing Women’s History: An Ideology of Separate Spheres,” November 2007, Macalester College, St. Paul, MN.
Collections Management Project, Hanover Presbyterian Church, Wilmington, DE, Summer 2011
- Organized, inventoried and rehoused paper collections related to the history of 235-year-old urban, multicultural church and its diverse array of programs.
Women of the Reformation Educational Trip, Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), August 2010 and 2013
- Planned and co-led an education trip to Geneva, Switzerland and southern France for a group of ten better-than-fifty women from across the United States.
- Translated French/English conversations and interpreted cultural differences.
Docent Oral History Project, Tyler Arboretum, Media, PA, Summer 2010
- Developed questions for oral history, interviewed long-time docent about the history of regional arboretum’s founding family, and transcribed interview.
Collections Management Project, Corbit-Calloway Library, Odessa, DE, January 2010
- Organized and inventoried historic map collection in Delmarva collection at small local library; coordinated technical equipment and database management for project.
Archeological Dig, Macalester College, Omrit, Israel, June 2007
- Participated in archeological work at a presumed Roman temple in northern Israel.
- Cleaned pottery shards, surveyed site and assisted in creating drawings for site records.
Language: fluent in French; some knowledge of Spanish and Hebrew.
Computer: proficient with Macintosh and Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, Extensis Portfolio, Macromedia Contribute, PastPerfect, KE Emu, WordPress, Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, Doodle, and EventBrite; experienced with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Flickr; some knowledge of HTML, ContentDM, Microsoft Excel and Access, iMovie, Audacity, and FileMaker Pro.
- “How to Tell A True Resistance Story: Fiction and History.” The Writer’s Chronicle (Dec. 2014).
- “Sacred Work as Old as the Church.” More Light Presbyterians blog (June 2014). http://bit.ly/TJ3TKT
- “What One PW is Doing: Studying History with My People.” Horizons magazine (May/June 2014).
- “Space to Wonder and to Wander.” More Light Presbyterians blog (April 2014). http://bit.ly/1hjbGTt
- Sidebar about young alumni blogs, Macalester Today (Winter 2014).
- “How to Create an E-Newsletter.” The Non Profit Academy (December 2013). http://bit.ly/JJG2Ff
- “Rambo, Pasta, Wheat.” Philadelphia Review of Books (October 2013). http://bit.ly/1chwKeG
- “Right on Lake Street.” Macalester Now (Fall 2008).
- “Defining Vocation.” Macalester Now (Spring 2006).